PRINCIPLES TO CONSIDER
- A PRIMARY GOAL of the website is fund raising from MBA’s CURRENT and FUTURE supporters. All and any changes should improve on this function.THE STATED GOALS AND OBJECTIVES the networking interventions (of which there newsletter and webpage are primary tools), when the funding was given by SIDA was to
- INCREASE THE NUMBER OF DONORS AND COOPERATIVE PARTNERS
- PARTNERS ARE GETTING NEWS AND INFORMATION CONTINUOUSLY
- THERE IS TRANSPARENCY IN FINANCES AND ALL INFORMATION.
- COOPERATION AND UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN MBA AND INTERACT DEEPENS
- The hospital is well known and has a good reputation.
- MBA and PARTNERS
- MBA HAS A VARIETY OF SUPPORTERS and PARTNERS and the website will respect and honor all of them, new and old, large and small, institutions, government, churches, individual. Primary readership is in UK and Sweden when the website was created but readers are spread throughout Zambia, Africa, Europe, and USA. In future years more readers from Zambia will be visiting the site so this needs to be kept in mind.
- THE WEBSITE IS MBA’s WEBSITE – NOT MBA’s PARTNERS. Partners will be key volunteers in development of the website and their help is appreciated.
- CHANGES MUST BE APPROVED BY MBA
- When making changes use the PROCESS to TRAIN AND EMPOWER MBA TEAM. Include MBA in decision making, thought processes.
- TIME SPAN CONSIDERATIONS – Making it easier to update
- TEXT should be written either as “long-term” or “short term/news” until such time when MBA has the capacity to edit text on regular basis. For that reason articles must be classified
- SECTION choose CONTENT or LATEST UPDATES
- “Latest updates” is more TEMPORARY / CURRENT – ie. “going on right now” blog character
- “CONTENT is more permanent. When the web page was launched all CONTENT articles have a place in the MENU structure. This may be changed in the future.
- Within CONTENT define also a CATEGORY (Volunteer, Hospital, Church etc). Select CURRENT NEEDS is used to put articles that need to be updated more often.
- Within NEWS
- The FUND RAISING and INFORMATION PRINCIPLES USED are based on material from TEARFUND. Read more about principles here (link)
- Changes should be in accordance with MBA’s VISION, MISSION and VALUES.
- The website must show EXTREME RESPECT FOR THE PEOPLE OF MPONGWE DISTRICT
- NO PHOTOS SHOULD BE ADDED UNLESS THEY HAVE BEEN CLEARED BY MBA TEAM
- We will NOT show pictures of HOSPITAL PATIENTS if we are concerned about their personal identity.
- We will show EXTREME RESPECT TO MBA STAFF AND MBA MEMBERS and not use photos that they would feel uncomfortable with.
- There is an Internet Café in Mpongwe. Anyone from Mpongwe could in the future surf in and look at this website.
- International guidelines in fund raising, like the Paris Agenda, should be followed. We will not abuse pictures of dirty crying children to manipulate funders.
CHANGES TO MENUS
CHANGES TO “MAIN TAB PAGES” – “BLOG VIEW” PAGES
CHANGES TO VISUAL LOOK
The blue colors we chose reflect several things: The blue sky of Zambia, the blue that is used in much architecture, blue as a color that symbolizes health. Other colors considered RED – the red of the soil of Zambia, the red of MBA’s Women’s Wings shirts. Green – the maize and grass.
ADDING / CHANGING MODULES
INCREASING DYNAMIC FUNCTIONS – We specifically kept some of the dynamic functions limited as MBA in 2009 does not have the capacity or bandwidth to manage and control these functions.
We want to increase MBA supporter involvement but that may need to take place on external sites – Facebook, twitter etc. IF you had news feeds do so only as MBA team develop capacity to manage and check those feeds.
There is a module added – but not included for POLLS.