YOU ARE INVITED TO EDIT THIS ARTICLE FOR MBA TEAM IN ZAMBIA and Volunteers abroad
HOW TO ADD AN ARTICLE
- Log in If you are reading this article you are already logged in
- Click on “Submit an Article” from the menu to list to the LEFT. A new article form will pop up.
- ADD a TITLE
- ADD TEXT
Write or paste in your text
- Add a PHOTO (see details below)
- Format the text if necessary
- Classify the article
“Section” Chose from CONTENT or LATEST UPDATES
- Use CONTENT if it is a permanent (or semi-permanent) part of the web page
- Use LATEST UPDATES if it has a newsy or time specific nature
- Latest updates: Chose MBA Blog or Volunteer Blog
Use MBA News Blog if it is written from the perspective of MBA (even if you are a volunteer writing it)
Use Volunteer Blog if it is written from the perspective of a volunteer
- Content: Is it primarily about Hospital, Church, Volunteering, Guest House, Workshop, the Development Project, General Content or A CURRENT NEED? Use Current need if it is an article that will need to be EDITED seasonally.
- CHOOSE PUBLISHING OPTIONS CHANGE THESE instructions after you determine how MBA approves new articles
- Front Pag
- Go back and edit as needed (format text, add photos, links, videos etc.)
- Inform MBA (or Webmaster) if the article needs to be published or added to MENU structure. That step is done in the “BACK END” so you need to ask for help to get that done.
HOW TO ADD PHOTO
PHOTO TOOL WORKS BEST IN MOZILLA FIREFOX NOT IN INTERNET EXPLORER
- Place the marker where you want the photo to be (or on a new row approximately near).
If you want photo to be to the right or left of the text (not over or under) place the marker at the beginning of the text row you want the top of the picture to be paralllel with. In a later step you choose if you want it to the right or left of the text
- INSERT PHOTO – use the IMAGE button at the BOTTOM of the article. This tool will automatically create thumbnails to the size that you chose.
TO USE NEW PHOTOS (upload)
Click on the button ___ Button…
TO USE EXISTING PHOTOS IN MBA PHOTO COLLECTION (in Ftp files)
Click on the ___ button…
NOTE! We do not have permission to use all the photos that are there on the web!
- EDIT the photo
Use the PHOTO ICON (tree) at the TOP of the article
- PLACEMENT -Where do you want the photo?
- DESCRIPTION – TITLE
IN INTERNET EXPLORER
Place the marker anywhere because the photo will be added at the TOP of the page and you will have to MOVE IT to where you want it in a second step.
HOW TO ADD VIDEO (Embed from External Website)
- NEW VIDEOS – Upload video to YouTube
- LINKS – Get the LINK from your uploaded YouTube film (or links that volunteers have given you)
- Use this code
- Paste in the last identifying
ADDING VIDEO DIRECTLY TO OUR DATABASE (Not recommended. Use YouTube for now).
- Click on the FILM button.
HOW TO CHANGE AN ARTICLE
- Log in using your code (if you are reading this instruction online you are already logged in!)
- Find the article or page you want to change.
- Click on the Edit Symbol (page with a pencil) at the upper right. The article will open in a editing window.
- Are you making lots of changes? Consider if you need to make a back up copy before you start.
- Make the changes you want to make. Delete, change or add text as needed.
- Congratulation! You are now a web editor!
HOW TO EDIT – USING EDITING FUNCTIONS
LISTS (bullit points, number lists)
CLIP AND PASTE
HOW TO ADD PREPARED TEXT FROM WORD
If you have have prepared an text or large amount of text that you want to PASTE into your new article here are some things to consider…
- The format will sometimes get screwy.
- You may end up with a funny paragraph of code after you have saved. If so open the article and delete that code and then save.
- To “wash the formatting” highlight the text and use the “eraser” symbol.
- Reformat using the formatting options (paragraph, heading etc) if you need to.
- Or – send an email to your volunteers and ask for assistance!
PRINCIPLES TO CONSIDER BEFORE YOU ADD AN ARTICLE
Instructions regarding CONTENT principles will be added here
BEFORE YOU CHANGE ARTICLES – How to make a copy
If you have lots of changes to make make a copy of the original page just in case you run into problem
HOW TO ADD OR EDIT LINKs
write instructions here
ADDING MULTIPLE PHOTOS TO MBA’s PHOTO COLLECTION (FTP)
If you have a large collection of photos to add to MBA’s photo collection (for example after a Conference or a building project)
- Log into FTP
– – get instructions from ???
- Open the page in INTERNET EXPLORER
– Click on …
– You may have to use the log in code again.
- FIND THE FILE or FILES YOU WANT TO ADD
– more instructions
- Have the two windows open
- Decide which file to put them in
– more instructions
- Clip and Drag to the place you have selected